We're Here to Help
An unparalleled model of customer service begins with your first contact at Second Nature. With decades of experience in out-of-home therapeutic placement, our admissions team is here to support you during each step of the admissions process. Our always-accessible team will answer your questions with sensitivity, compassion and care.
The Second Nature team will start your journey with expert, personalized service. Second Nature will carefully consider your child’s application, history, and input from at-home professionals to pair your child with the appropriate group and clinician.
- Please speak with one of our admissions professionals so that we may learn more about your child and his or her specific needs. We are here to help and look forward to answering your questions. Second Nature Admissions: 877-701-7600.
- After speaking with an admissions professional, please complete the application for admission, below. Second Nature's intake team will carefully review your child’s application and notify you within 24 hours (usually much sooner) regarding acceptance.
- Upon submission of your child’s admissions application and program acceptance, you will be prompted to download the Participation Release Packet. Upon completion, please fax/email all release forms and additional required documents (the list of additional documents is provided in the release packet) back to your admissions representative. Note: Fax and email information for each admissions representative is provided on the cover page of the Participation Release Packet.
- Once admissions acceptance has been confirmed, your admissions representative will discuss travel arrangements with you. Airport information is listed below. Note: Please confirm travel plans with your admissions representative prior to purchasing airline tickets. We ask that enrolling students arrive at the airport before noon if possible. Your child will be greeted at the airport by Second Nature staff. We will contact you to let you know when your child arrives at the airport and again, once your child has arrived safely at the Second Nature wilderness program
- Second Nature admits students Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday's. Students must be in Salt Lake City by 2:00pm (Mountain Time) year-round. Emergency, weekend or after-hours admits are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Second Nature provides all necessary gear, clothing, personal items and equipment for your child’s participation. This ensures that your child has everything he or she needs to participate in the program - except for eyeglasses (no contacts), prescription medication, and dental retainers (as applicable.) Please do not pack additional items for your child.
- Upon arrival, your child will receive a physical exam. Second Nature will then outfit your child from head to toe with gear, personal items, clothing, footwear, and equipment to begin the program and join his or her respective group.
A variety of loan programs are available through Prosper Healthcare Lending. Please click the link below to learn more or submit a loan application:
Insurance and Tax Information
As a courtesy to our client families, upon program completion, Second Nature will (upon request) provide you with the necessary documentation required by your insurance carrier for possible reimbursement. Second Nature provides short-term, intermediate treatment and as such, some mental health parity rules may allow for more coverage of alternative mental health treatment such as Outdoor Behavioral Health Programs.
Second Nature is out-of-network and therefore, unable to guarantee coverage or accept insurance payments directly. In some cases, we may be unable to assist due to the complexity of your particular insurance or circumstances.
Additionally, some of the services provided at Second Nature may qualify under a medical tax deduction. While Second Nature will not provide tax advice, we can provide you with documentation (upon request) for your accounting needs. Please contact your Admissions Counselor for more information.