Apply to Second Nature
Thank you for your interest in Second Nature. To complete an application for admission, please follow the steps listed below. Our admissions team is available around the clock to help you should any questions arise during the application process.
The information below will provide details on how to access the online application.
- Prior to starting your application, you will be prompted to create a user account.
Once you’ve created a user account, you will receive an email with a link to the online application. Be sure to save this link so that you can return to your application at a later time. The auto-save feature allows you to move through each page of the application with peace of mind that your information is stored securely each time you advance to the next page.
- The online application is lengthy and may take one to two hours to complete. You may choose to complete the application in one sitting or complete and save smaller sections independently. The information you provide will be crucial in determining your child’s group and therapist and will assist in informing the medical and mental health treatments your child receives.
- Once your application is received, the Second Nature admissions team will conduct a comprehensive review. An admissions representative will contact you within 24 hours, in most instances, sooner to discuss your child’s appropriateness for our program.
Begin a new application, or resume an application in progress here
- Participation Release Forms
- Upon acceptance, an admissions representative will send final participation releases to you via an electronic signature application. Participation releases must be signed and submitted prior to your child’s arrival.
- Supplemental documents including medical insurance cards and immunization records may be emailed directly to your admissions professional.
What to Bring
- Clothing to wear to and from Second Nature. Once students arrive, they are fully outfitted with all of the appropriate gear, clothing, and toiletries they will need to participate in the program. Please do not bring additional items.
- Prescription eyeglasses (no contact lenses, please).
- 30-day supply of all current prescription medication.
- Any items specific to your child (i.e. orthotics, retainers, etc.).
Going to Second Nature
- The Salt Lake City airport (airport code: SLC) is the closest airport to Second Nature. When scheduling your flight, please make sure that you land early enough to get to our base in Duchesne by 3 pm. Duchesne is a gorgeous 2-hour drive from Salt Lake City.
- Before booking your flights and solidifying your travel arrangements, please discuss your tentative plans with your admissions counselor.
We are honored to have you join our Second Nature family and will do our utmost to help you and your family reconnect and heal.
A variety of loan programs are available through Prosper Healthcare Lending. Please click the link below to learn more or submit a loan application:
Insurance and Tax Information
As a courtesy to our client families, upon program completion, Second Nature will (upon request) provide you with the necessary documentation required by your insurance carrier for possible reimbursement. Second Nature provides short-term, intermediate treatment and as such, some mental health parity rules may allow for more coverage of alternative mental health treatment such as Outdoor Behavioral Health Programs.
Second Nature is out-of-network and therefore, unable to guarantee coverage or accept insurance payments directly. In some cases, we may be unable to assist due to the complexity of your particular insurance or circumstances.
Additionally, some of the services provided at Second Nature may qualify under a medical tax deduction. While Second Nature will not provide tax advice, we can provide you with documentation (upon request) for your accounting needs. Please contact your Admissions Counselor for more information.